Why We Should Do Internship from Abroad
An internship abroad, like any positive internship experience, would help you develop your professional abilities and strengthen your resume. By applying for our virtual internship program, GE Virtuoso, you can even complete an internship with a foreign organization for comparable experience. An international internship will differentiate your resume, and you, from others who you will be competing with in the workforce.
program for Indian students
Internships area unit currently a compulsory a part of the engineering course of study. whereas some might concentrate on gaining sensible expertise in associate degree business, a remote billet in an exceedingly university or an enquiry research laboratory is especially useful for college kids aiming for educational activity. Although many programs like DAAD, MITACS, Charpak and NTU-India Connect area unit quite widespread and standard, there are a unit many programs that do not seem to be thus widespread or notable to students. Hence, I have compiled a listing of thirty foreign billet programs for Indian engineering undergrad students.
The computer science department of ETH Zurich offers paid summer internship for researcher. A list of projects is listed out on their site along with the names of professors. You will be able to directly contact them and if your profile is of interest to them, you would be interviewed. you will be able to have a look at the berth program here.
EPFL Summer Research
The School of Computer and Communication Sciences provides traineeship opportunities within the summer to each bachelors and masters students. Students from applied science, Electrical, physics, electronics and different connected disciplines are eligible to usethis opportunity. Typically, students are a part of a large research project and the interns are paid a stipend to cover their living expenses during the stay.
Only Indian students:
Deadline: 15 November
Decision on Acceptance: 15 December
Note: To be eligible for the internship, you should be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program.
Ecole Poly technique International
Ecole Poly technique could be a top-ranked French engineering university that options among the highest a hundred universities of the globe within the QS World Ranking. it’s a prestigious French Grande Ecole. The post program at Ecole Poly technique provides you a chance to hold out researcher for 3-6 months.
The list of projects for the next summer is usually updated by the end of November.
- Duration: 3-6 months
- Stipend: €550/month
- Perks: Cheap accommodation in CROUS
- Application Deadline: mid-February (check for updates)
Aalto University is an excellent Finnish university which was established as a merger of three major universities in Finland. It excels in multidisciplinary research due to its numerous collaborations with international universities and industries.
Aalto Science Institute AScI Internship Program gives a chance for unfamiliar college understudies to get a direct involvement in exploration in their regions of interest. This entry level position is not just implied for unadulterated science devotees yet in addition for maturing engineers the same.
- Deadline for Application: Mid-January
- Application Start: December
- Interviews and Selection: February
- Duration: 12 weeks (June to August)
- Minimum Salary: €1510/month
MITACS Global ink
MITACS Global ink Internship Application measure
Amped up for spending your summers in Canada and acquiring viable examination openness? At that point MITACS Globalink program is for you.
MITACS Globalink Research Internship (GRI) program permits understudies from India, China, Brazil, and Mexico attempt research projects with a Canadian personnel.
- Duration: 12 weeks (anytime between May-October)
- Minimum GPA: 8.0/10 or equivalently 80%
- Application Deadline: November or early December
- Scholarship: Stipend (~CAD 200/week) +Accommodation Fees (~CAD 30/day) + Visa Fee (~CAD 150) +Airfare (~CAD 1500). Total funding amounting to nearly CAD 7000.
- Additional Perks: Health Insurance, Student Fee in University (if any)
Have you ever longed for working in a NASA lab?
All things considered; the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program is perhaps the most renowned temporary positions for a designing undergrad understudy which allows you to work at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) for your late spring temporary position.
The qualification for the program expects you to have a general GPA of in any event 2.5/4.0 (typically Indian college grade likeness 6.5/10). Nonetheless, all things considered, you would require an evaluation above 7.5/10 or 75% to have a decent potential for success.
As a piece of the entry level position application, you need to compose an exploration proposition. On the off chance that you are chosen for the program, you would need to apply for a US J1 visa. Duration: 10 weeks
- Stipend: $6,420 for the entire period
- Perks: Weekly seminar by CalTech professors, professional development programs and weekly student-faculty dinners
Every year KU Leuven invites exceptional undergraduate and Master students for a research experience in the science departments for a short period. The application starts in December and closes around mid-January. You can find more about the program here.
One can intern for 3-6 months. A modest stipend is provided for some internships. The intake can be as low as 5 students for the summer internship. The number of internship position varies year to year and subject to the floated projects by faculties.
- Duration: 3-6 months
- Intake: 5-10 students (varies)
- Application Deadline: mid-January
KU Leuven is probably the best college in Europe. As of now, it positions 47 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Found near Brussels in Belgium, KU Leuven gloats of astounding resources and exploration labs.
RIYA, Ohio State University
Research Internships for Young Academics (RIYA) is a program for Indian Mechanical engineering undergraduates to undergo a research internship experience at Ohio State University.
One should be in his third year of Bachelors or Integrated-Dual Degree programme to be eligible for the internship.
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Stipend: $5000
- Deadline: early September
- Perks: Student’s faculty receives $500
- Intake: 4-8 students.
Robotics Institute for Summer Scholars,
Nevertheless, Robotics Institute Summer Scholars (RISS) program is your chance to spend eleven weeks in the institute and immerse in a diverse cohort of scholars in cutting-edge robotics projects. These projects have a real-world impact, and the exposure trains you quite well for your further career.
- Application Deadline: January 15
- Program dates: May 27 to August 7 (Keep checking for updates)
This is a great foreign internship for Indian engineering students interested in postgraduate MS in the US in the field of robotics. You would need to apply for a J1 US student visa upon acceptance.
DAAD Wise Fellowship for in Germany
The programme targets Indian students pursuing a degree in the fields of science and engineering who wish to do a research internship at a publicly funded German higher education institution or a research institute.
Charpak Lab Scholarship for in France
Charpak Research entry level position gives you an astonishing chance to understudy in France. France has more than 1500 CNRS labs performing research in driving zones of science and designing. The Charpak entry level position is intended for science, financial matters, and designing students. France has probably the best business and designing schools on the planet, making it perhaps the most well-known objections for worldwide understudies. Along these lines, you can make sure about a temporary position in your general vicinity of intrigue and apply for the Charpak Lab grant.
- Duration: May to July
- Number of students selected: 13 (earlier 26) But this number may vary.
- Application Deadline: early March
- Application Start: January
- Results: early April
- Stipend: €800/month for labs in Paris and €650/month for labs outside of Paris
- Other Benefits: Visa fee waiver
S.N. Bose in France
S.N. Bose Scholarship
This a program is supported by the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and Department of Science and Technology (DST) to seek after worldwide entry level positions in the US. In the earlier years, understudies have filled in as exploration assistants in colleges like Harvard University, Case Western Reserve University, Purdue University, Princeton, and Carnegie Mellon University.
This program has understudy admissions from just Tier I colleges like IITs, NITs, IISc, IIITs, IISERs, and NISERs. In any case, this worldwide temporary job is available to understudies of other Indian colleges for the namesake. Applications are acknowledged through designations just, that is two applications for every stream, per office, per foundation.
On the off chance that you are seeking after Biomedical or Biochemical designing, you can apply for the Khorana Scholarship, rather than SN Bose Scholarship.
- Scholarship: Stipend, Health Insurance, Air Fare
- Student Intakes: Nearly 50
- Application Deadline: October 31
- Internship Duration: May -July (3 months)
15. SPIKE UNIST
16.CERN Summer Student Program
17. CERN Openlab for Computer Science Undergraduates
18. Amgen Scholarship
19 SURP, CHUK
20. Internship Summer Student Program, IST Austria
21. Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships
22. Viterbi India Internship, University of Southern California
23. Space Astronomy Summer Program, Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI)
24. OIST Research Internship Program, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
25. UNSW Civil and Environmental Engineering Research Internship
26. Khorana Program for Scholars sponsored by IUSSTF.
27. Mechanobiology Internship at National University of Singapore
Who can apply?
Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria:
- They need to belong to one of the selected Indian higher education institutions. The list of selected institutions is influenced by, but not limited to, the following factors: AICTE approval, NAAC accreditation, MHRD evaluation, INI (Institute of National Importance) and Institutions of Eminence status with availability of 4- and 5-year undergraduate and integrated Master’s degrees respectively.
- They should be enrolled in programmes which can be classified under the broad fields of engineering, mathematics, and natural sciences.
- They should be in the 5th or 6th academic semester of a 4-year Bachelor’s programme or in their 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th academic semester of a 5-year integrated or dual degree (Bachelor-Master) programme.
- They should not be former recipients of the WISE scholarship.
What can be funded?
A research internship at a public or state-funded higher education institution or a non-university research institute in Germany to work under doctoral students, scientists or professors as a part of their ongoing research projects.
Duration of the funding
A 2-to-3-month research stay spanning between the months of May and August. Internships of less than 60 days and more than 90 days cannot be supported under this programme
- A monthly scholarship of 750 euros for undergraduate students (the monthly instalment will be calculated on a daily basis, i.e., 25 euros per day)
- A lump sum travel subsidy of currently 1,050 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance covered by DAAD.
The review of applications and selection procedure is based upon academic achievements and overall evaluation of the applicant’s profile.
Results are generally announced by the beginning of February.