- Hungary, along with its wines, thermal waters, and the most flourishing culture, is a nation renowned for its historic urban centers and its pleasant landscape. Hungary is littered with palaces and castles that can capture even the world’s weariest imagination. Hotels and museums are hard to discern because they are both rich and beautiful and, of course, you will find undeniable traces of the famous Hungarian wine anywhere you go.
- Budapest is the capital of Hungary and it is an old and wealthy city. Hungary’s capital city is inhabited by the finest and most visited bars and clubs. Budapest is also popular with authors and artists and houses some of the century’s greatest artistic talents. And the monuments are second to none in the city. Owing to this, Budapest is sometimes referred to as the Paris of Eastern Europe.
- Hungary has a mixture of rural and urban lifestyle, music, and nightlife practices. It is the best location for visiting or researching. Tourists are fascinated by the wonders that this nation has to offer, and the cheap but affordable education is enjoyed by students. In Hungary, there is a lot to be said about learning. From various tools, you can learn about study opportunities in Hungary.
Why study in Hungary
- Hungary is the ideal European country that is not as costly for pursuing higher studies. Hungary is the bridge between Eastern and Central Europe and, at a higher education level, is the best country. While Hungary is a small country, its size is far surpassed by the things it has to offer. As well as hills dotted with vineyards and castles and palaces, it has cultural and architectural wonders.
- Hungary, like the UK or Germany, may not be a well-known destination for higher studies, but it is slowly and quietly making its own place in the niche of studying abroad. As they appreciate all that this country has to offer, Hungarian universities are seeing an influx of foreign students.
- Hungarian universities are now also offering courses which are taught not only in Hungarian, but in several other languages, with English being the most common. Hungary is in route to being a center for higher education. It is increasingly becoming very attractive to study in Hungary.
- Four Hungarian universities have appeared in the QS World University Rankings and the quality of education is rising every day. The Bologna process is followed by universities in Hungary, so that the education provided here is consistent with that across Europe. You will get a bachelor’s degree, followed by a master’s degree and then a doctorate eventually.
- Also, very popular are the attractions and nightlife in Hungary. Of course, this wine is a specialty that can be found nowhere else. In the education and research market, Hungary is making a concerted effort and is expected to become a very successful study destination abroad. For your higher studies, choose Hungary and experience its delights firsthand.
Costs of study in Hungary
- The tuition fees are very low and affordable at Hungarian universities. From school to school, these fees vary. Students are not permitted to pay tuition fees under the “State-funded” system. A tuition fee of approximately EUR 2000 per year is expected for non-EU or international students.
- Medicine and dentistry are also among the costliest choices, with tuition fees of around EUR 20,000, while other less advanced programs may be as low as EUR 4,500.
- In Hungary, the cost of living is comparatively much lower and you can get a European education at a much lower cost. For international students, houses and apartments are available cheaply for rent, and university dorms also have accommodation.
- Living costs will depend on where you choose to live in Hungary. If you live in a bigger city, it will cost more than a smaller city or town. The cost of living in Hungary for students is put at 450 Euro to 500 Euro per month. This amount will cover the cost of feeding, accommodation, transportation, books etc.
local transport in Budapest:
- Monthly Budapest-pass: 9.500 HUF ( 30 EUR)
- Monthly Budapest-pass for students: 3.450 HUF (12 EUR)
- Single ticket: 350 HUF
To apply for a bachelor’s program in Hungary, applicants must be in possession of a high school/secondary school certificate or diploma showing that he/she qualifies for a university education.
For a master’s degree, a good bachelor’s degree result is usually required. A transcript showing grades, CV, reference letters, and a motivation letter will be needed by the universities for admission.
popular universities in Hungary
- University of Sopron
- University of Pecs
- University of West Hungary
- Technical University of Budapest
- Szeged University
- University of Veterinary Science
- Debrecen University of Agricultural Sciences
- International Business School – Budapest
- Budapest University of Economic Sciences
- Hungarian University of Physical Education
- Stipendium Hungaricum is part of the Hungarian Government’s “Global Opening Policy”. The Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education.
- Erasmus + is the European Union’s program for education, training, youth, and sport. It aims to equip European citizens with the education, skills, and creativity that they need in a knowledge-based society.
- Bilateral State Scholarships based on scientific and educational cooperation agreements signed by the governments of two countries.
- EEA Grants Scholarship program was funded by donor countries (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenste) to give students, teachers, and staff the opportunity to acquire new skills and gain international experience in Hungary.
- Register: Register with us.
- Profiling: We assess academic qualifications, work experience, financial status, career goals as well as life interests and aspirations.
- Standardized Tests: We evaluate the requirement of any standardized tests you may need to take or review results that has been already obtained.
- University/Course Selection: Together, we shortlist potential countries, universities and courses that match your profile.
- Document Editing: We edit essays, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation and Resume, which have been written by you.
- Application Review and Submission: The completed application forms are reviewed before they are submitted to your final choice of universities.
- Interview Preparation: We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the chosen universities.
- Visa Counseling: We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the High Commissions or Embassies, as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application.
- Pre-Departure Information: We deliver comprehensive information about the country of choice to ensure that you are completely prepared for life at an overseas university.
Documents required for Hungary student visa
- Valid passport (the validity of which must exceed that of the requested visa by at least 3 months).
- 6 passport-size colour photos (not older than 6 months).
- A wholly and legibly completed, signed “residence permit” application form (can be downloaded from the website of the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs -www.kulugyminiszterium.hu).
- Letter of admission from the college.
- Letter from college that the applicant is exempt from the payment of school fees or that he/she has already paid the tuition fees.
- Document confirming the accommodation.
- Travel Itinerary.
- A travel health insurance for the whole period of stay.
- All educational documents.
- Work experience document, if any.
- The documents certifying subsistence in Hungary (bank account statement; or the declaration of the parents or student for 3 months that they assume coverage of all costs of the stay in Hungary i.e. approx 5 lakhs).