Estonia is a European country located in the northern region of the Baltic States and gained its independence in 1991 from the Soviet Union. The country is mostly known for its islands and lakes and has a flat topography bordering the Baltic Sea eastern shores. Most of the land in Estonia is either forested or farmed. The language of the country is almost likeFinnish but has no other similarity to the other Baltic republic languages such as Russian, Estonia or Latvia. The traces of association with the USSR are still obvious with almost one quarter of the Estonian citizens still speaking Russian.
Tallinn is the capital city of Estonia and is the best-preserved European cities of the medieval era. That is why; tourism is a major boost to the Estonian economy with almost 15 percent of revenue coming through tourists. Other important occupations include food products, chemicals, metals, wood products and engineering. Different people, including the Germans, Swedes, Russians, Poles and Danes have ruled the cuisine of Estonia displays multicultural influence as the country. You can see this influence in other aspects of the Estonian life.
Studying in Estonia gives you a good opportunity to be a part of a renowned European university. It ensures that you are now a part of the international group of students with all the brilliant prospects to move ahead. You can easily find information about study in Estonia on the country’s official site. This site will also offer you relevant details about study opportunities in Estonia. Studying in Estonia gives you a good opportunity to be a part of a renowned European university. It ensures that you are now a part of the international group of students with all the brilliant prospects to move ahead. You can easily find information about study in Estonia on the country’s official site. This site will also offer you relevant details about study opportunities in Estonia.
The social atmosphere in Estonia is open and flexible, and you can easily settle down in this country without much hassle.
Why study in Estonia?
The lake and woodland landscapes of Estonia attract hundreds of tourists every year. The country earns its major chunk of revenue from tourism. Apart from that, the overall economy is evolving rapidly with the industrialization and innovative commercialization developing at great speed. Thus, Estonia offers the perfect background for carrying out higher education and study in an international level university. Why not study in the country that also offers good job opportunities and quality life if you want to continue living together post studies.
Rapid Development, Good Infrastructure
After its separation from USSR in 1991, Estonia has made rapid progress in last more than two decades. Good industrial development, availability of state-of-the-art -infrastructure, skilled manpower, flexible yet success-oriented policies have ensured that the country grows and progresses with each step. Thus, Estonia has a lot to offer to a foreign student who wants to excel in studies and make a mark for himself in his field.
Peaceful atmosphere, amiable and polite population makes it easier for a foreigner to settle in Estonia without any hassles. Students from all over the world apply to Estonian Universities to study courses in different topics such as science, arts, history, geography, IT and more.
World Class Faculties and Teaching
Estonia has a rich history of learning and education and its oldest education system dates to 13th and 14th century. However, today all its universities teach modern and contemporary education that is relevant to modern times. One of the major reasons why students aspire to study in Estonia is that the faculties here are of international standard and have made remarkable impact in their own field. This makes studying more inspiring and motivating for the students.
Costs of studying in Lithuania
- Tuition fees at Estonian institutions vary depending on whether you choose a public or private institution. It will also depend on what level you are studying at, as doctoral degrees in Estonia are free of charge to all students. On average, you should expect a bachelor’s or master’s degree to cost between €1,000 and €8,000 per year. If you choose to take a specialised degree, such as a medical degree, you should expect it to cost around €11,000 per year.
Tuition fees at top-ranked universities
- University of Tartu – between 3,800 and 12,000 EUR/year
- Tallinn University – between 1,825 and 4,500 EUR/year
- Tallinn University of Technology – most programmes anon-EU citizens pay up to 6,000 EUR/year.
Student living costs in Estonia
Although Estonia is technologically advanced and has a high living standard, it remains an affordable country. Monthly living costs for students usually add up to 300–550 EUR. Of course, the amount you end up spending will vary based on your lifestyle and habits.
These are the two most popular types of accommodation:
- Student dormitories (single, double, or triple rooms): only offered by some universities. They are usually in great condition, and the monthly cost of 80–150 EUR also includes the utilities.
- Private housing: rent costs between 200 and 550 EUR/month. You can pay less by sharing a larger apartment with other students. You also need to cover the monthly utilities (150–200 EUR) and the initial deposit (equivalent to 3 months’ rent)
- Food- on average, students spend around 200 EUR per month on food and groceries. All universities have cafeterias with good food at reasonable prices, and you can also look for daily specialties or discounts in pubs or cafes.
- Transportation in Tallinn, public transport if free for all students. In other cities, like Tartu, a monthly transport pass with a student discount costs around 7–8 EUR. Other transport options are taxi: 2.50 EUR at start, 0.65 EUR per km, bike renting: 10 EUR for a weekly membership, 30 EUR for an annual membership.
- Extra costs- entertainment (cinema, concerts, theatre): 30–70 EUR/month, temporary residence permit for study (visa) fee: 64 EUR; only needed by non-EU citizens.
Popular courses to study in Estonia
- Business Management
- Computer Science
- Food Science
- International Relations
- Software Engineering
- Register: Register with us.
- Profiling: We assess academic qualifications, work experience, financial status, career goals as well as life interests and aspirations.
- Standardized Tests: We evaluate the requirement of any standardized tests you may need to take or review results that has been already obtained.
- University/Course Selection: Together, we shortlist potential countries, universities and courses that match your profile.
- Document Editing: We edit essays, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation and Resume, which have been written by you.
- Application Review and Submission: The completed application forms are reviewed before they are submitted to your final choice of universities.
- Interview Preparation: We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the chosen universities.
- Visa Counselling: We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the High Commissions or Embassies, as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application.
- Pre-Departure Information: We deliver comprehensive information about the country of choice to ensure that you are completely prepared for life at an overseas university.
To acquire the student visa, you must have enrolled in a course of study in Estonia and show evidence of your financial capacity to pay the course fee and support yourself throughout your stay.
A person who a student is arriving in the Republic of Estonia to the successive full-time studies a higher education establishment operating in the Republic of Estonia should apply for a multiple entry national visa D, which could be applied for only at Estonian Embassy.
- Application form (complete on screen or print out and fill in by hand). Instructions for filling in the application form.
- Curriculum Vitae, unless an applicant is under 15 years of age (complete on screen or print out and fill in by hand).
- Applicant’s written justification as to why he/she wishes to settle to study in Estonia.
- A document which certifies the legal income of the applicant or his/her family members, who ensure his/her subsistence (except if the purpose of studies is participation in voluntary service of a youth project or program acknowledged by the Ministry of Education and Science).
- A language skills certificate issued by the university or institution of professional higher education (except the case of participation in preparatory courses).
- An identity document, 1 color photo with measures 40×50 mm.
- A document certifying the payment of the state fee.
- An insurance contracts.
- Get approval within 30 days.
- Collect passport from embassy.
- Get ready for your new destination.